Monday, June 13, 2011

Thanksgiving…in June!

Sam and I love to make turkey dinners, mostly because we like to eat them, but also because we like to cook and such dinners involve a lot of that. We realized we hadn't made one in awhile, and decided to rectify that. Last night we got to reap the rewards of our labor. The best part about all of this is that our refrigerator is now stuffed with leftovers!

Fresh out of the oven, waiting to be unstuffed and sliced.

Yorkshire Pudding. The. Best. Food. Ever.

Close up of a pudding. Just looking at this picture
makes me want to go eat another one!

The secret to mashed potatoes is cream cheese…and thanks to the
Pioneer Woman's cookbook, I know that :-)

Me explaining to Andrew how to carve a turkey. Whenever we make a turkey we always
make the guys present carve it, because that's a man's job. I had my dad show
me once how to do it, and so I've passed that knowledge along to several people now! 

Once Andrew got the electric tool in his hands, his hesitancy to carve the bird vanished!

Ready to be served. We should have a med student carve our turkeys all the time!

Surveying the finished product. Turkey, potatoes, dressing, peas, corn, yorkshire pudding, 
(pickles and olives Christy and I snuck on the table), gravy (I made it with no lumps! I was pumped :-)…

 …and an incredible peach and raspberry pie for desert. It's more summery than pies 
traditionally served with turkey dinners, and it was amazing!

It was, overall, a really good evening. I can't wait to do it again! Thanksgiving in July, anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm, it all looks amazing! And now I really want to try some Yorkshire Pudding! :-)

    ReplyDelete