Sunday, August 7, 2011

One Lesson School Didn't Teach Me…

…was not to get myself involved in too much at once. I suppose if three majors, two student government positions, a yearbook editor position, and a job couldn't teach me, nothing can. My absence in the blogging world has been due to largely to working a part-time job, creating a website for a friend of mine's work, and studying for the GRE…on top of the real job I have. In all my spare time, I've taken some short trips to add a bit of fun in my life. After my trip home for the 4th of July, two friends and I went to Natural Bridge, KY, for a weekend. We stayed in a cabin for a couple of nights and enjoyed some hiking and good food. On Saturday evening we went to a hoedown, where we watched (and participated somewhat in) some square dancing and line dancing. The weekend was amazing—none of us wanted to leave!



I couldn't believe that you could just walk out on top of the bridge. People would just go over and dangle their legs over the side. I couldn't get anywhere near the edge!



You can't see it from this picture, but the stairs we had just come down were for the most part carved into the side of the mountain. The Lord of the Rings really could have just been filmed there. I now know exactly what Frodo and Sam went through!


The view from the back deck of the cabin we stayed at.


Two hours after I got back to my house from that trip, I turned around and drove to Cincinnati because the Braves were in town, and somehow I have managed to see the Braves play every season for the past three years and I didn't want to break that streak this year. I decided to spend the extra $10 to get a field level seat rather than sit in the nosebleed section. I ended up 18 rows from the field, and was able to get some amazing pictures. I couldn't believe how close I was! The Braves ended up losing in the bottom of the 9th inning, and then I got lost trying to get out of the city and back to Lexington, and then I had to be at work at 8:00 that next morning (the game ended at 11:00 pm, and Cincy is about two hours away)… but the trip was completely worth it!


The only thing I will be doing for the next three weeks is working on that site during GRE study breaks, so I thought I'd put up a post that will bridge the time until that's over. I will get part of my life back after August 27th, and the Legend's season ends shortly after that so hopefully I will be less scarce in my blogging presence then. So, see you all in September!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Girl, you never cease to amaze me with how much you do and accomplish! Sounds like you had fun on your trips. :)

    ReplyDelete