Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cooking Adventures

Since I've gotten into making my own bread, I've come to realize that I could probably make a lot of other things, too. Now it's become a challenge for me to see just what I can do. Soon I'm going to start a list of things I never want to buy again!

Here's an example of what I've been up to recently:


Pretzel dough! I made my first batch with white flour, but used the freshly ground stuff for my second batch.



So, when the recipe says to roll them until they are less than 1/2 inch thick…it means it.


If you don't, this is what happens after they rise. My second batch came out better. I made them thinner, so they still looked like pretzels after they had risen :-) I took some Velveeta cheese and melted it and thinned it down with milk to make some cheese dip. They were amazing!


Butter!


I learned after my last batch that butter will spoil, so I shaped them to freeze them this time, to avoid that happening again!


Potato bread. I made it with real potatoes! It's become our new favorite :-)

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm!!! Oh man, I really want to come visit! My mouth is watering now... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny... I just tried out pretzels last week too...and I Loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, you and I seem to be on the same baking schedule! :-) You didn't by any chance make bagels this week, did you?

    ReplyDelete